The 2021 dates for this workshop have passed. The 2022 dates will be scheduled soon.
University of Florida, TREEO Center
3900 SW 63rd Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32608
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce bloodstain pattern analysis, as well as the enhancement and detection of blood on crime scenes. Documenting these types of scenes and collection of biological evidence will also be discussed. Lectures and hands-on practicums will be provided to all those attending in order to achieve these objectives.
- History of bloodstain pattern recognition
- Chemical enhancement of blood
- Presumptive testing of blood
- Human vs. animal blood testing
- Practicum with photography and sketching
- Bloodstain reconstruction experiments:
- Passive and force blood spatter patterns
- Effects of target surface
- Effect of impact angle on bloodstain shape
- Low impact spatter/Medium impact spatter
- Transfer patterns/Cast-off patterns
- Angles of degrees
- Practicum: Measuring bloodstains, Creating force patterns, Evaluating passive bloodstain patterns
*Bring your own camera and tripod.
Sharon Plotkin, M.S.
Sharon has an M.S. in Criminal Justice, is a IAI certified crime scene investigator. She has over 18 years experience in crime scene investigation and specializes in crime scene documentation, training, photography, bloodstain recognition and fingerprinting.
Registration fee: $400
Registration is online – It’s fast, safe and convenient. To register with your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express, please visit our secure, on-line registration website.
Best Western Gateway Grand, 4200 NW 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606. Lodging is the responsibility of each attendee. A special rate of $89 per night has been arranged for course attendees. Reservation rates will be honored throughout the course dates. Please refer to UF Forensic Training when making reservations, and ask for the UF rate. For reservations, call (352) 331-3336 (local). Reservations depend on availability—the sooner you can book, the better!
To register, visit our registration page. If the course is not listed on the registration page, enrollment in the course is currently closed.